130 years of FLEISCHMANN History: Where high quality meets play & fun
"There really is such a thing as high end quality !" Hardly any other company than FFLEISCHMANN proves that this conclusion is more than true. In 1887 FLEISCHMANN was founded by Jean Fleischmann in Nuremberg, Germany. Today, more than 130 years later, the company headquarters is located in Heilsbronn, less than 30 kilometers away from Nuremberg.
A company’s chronology in express train speed
Experience the chronological developments of the FLEISCHMANN toys and the company itself, from the producer of maritim tin toys to the innovation leader, in express-train speed.
- 1887 Foundation of the company by Jean Fleischmann. In the following decade the production of tin toys such as ships, aircrafts and magnetic swimming animals, is started.
- 1910 participation in the World Exhibition in Brussels. The high quality of the toys is emphasized by the awarding of a gold medal.
- 1934 The production program is constantly being expanded. In addition to two aeroplanes, including a model of the famous DO X and a series of metal building sets, numerous sand toys are added to the FLEISCHMANN product range.
- 1938 Steam locomotives and the first model railways (takeover of the models from the company Doll &Co) appear on stage. Parallel development of the own true to the original railway models in Gauge 0.
- 1949 Fleischmann is the first European manufacturer to launch a two-wire DC model railway in Gauge 0.
- 1952 Introduction of Scale H0e products.
- 1967 Electronic technology is used in the model railway for the first time. "Prima-Lux" makes trains shine. As an extension of the product range, the racetrack "Monte Carlo Rally" will be added to the program.
- 1968 Successful start in Scale N ("piccolo") with an industrial locomotive and three tipper wagons.
- 1981 World record: For the first time a FLEISCHMANN locomotive features a motor and also drives a 2.299 km long distance on a exhibition railway layout . The locomotive is still functional today.
- 1982 A new track system with a stable ballast bed, the so-called Profi track, is introduced.
- 1986 The most modern computer technology of its time, the FMZ multi-train control system is launched on the market.
- 1999 The ICE-T is the only ICE in its sector that puts its shoulder to the wheel true to its original train.
- 2000 The digital multi-train control with TWIN technology inspires many model railway fans.
- 2008 FLEISCHMANN becomes a member of the Modelleisenbahn Holding GmbH and, together with Roco, the successful sibling couple enlivens the model railway scene.
- 2012 Innovations: Z21- Control like a real train driver. smartRail - driving experience on the spot.
- 2013 The new ICE of the series 407, which is the new flagship of the German rail transport, is delivered in scale 1:87.
- 2016 With the WLAN Multimaus an inexpensive supplement to the Z21 model railway control is launched. In addition, additional digital components expand the product range of the Z21 model railway control. In 2016, the first plant in Vietnam is opened. There, mainly passenger and freight cars are produced. This FLEISCHMANN plant will be gradually expanded to the latest standards.
- 2018 Release of the new Z21 App with many new technical refinements.